Festivals On Demand
Since May 2017 NBFP has been working to facilitate more live-streamed and recorded performances from festivals in the Nordic-Baltic region, whilst substantially reducing the costs.
We are actively seeking content of 2019-20 events. If your festival would be interested in taking part, please register your interest on FestivalsOnDemand.com!
Advantages for the festivals include:
1. Reduced costs to stream and archive live performances
2. Live event is still streamed on your website - just using our player
3. Boilerplate artist contract language is provided
4. Mechanical copyright licensing is taken care of for you
5. Support and advice on maximising the impact of live-streamed events
6. Up to ten grants of EUR500 to support production costs are available, coming together with a Free Pass to the NBFP Arts Festival Conference in November 2019
The required criteria for live-stream are as follows:
1. The performance must be something that can be streamed as video
2. The Festival will be responsible for clearing the artist rights and filming the performance (artist contract support provided if needbe)
3. Festivals On Demand will clear composer rights and cover the costs of hosting and mechanical copyright
The criteria to receive a production support grant are:
1. The proposed content will make a compelling live-stream
2. Facilitating a live stream would assist the festival in its mission
3. The festival has a clear and coherent plan to promote its live stream
3. A grant of EUR500 would make the production of a live-stream affordable
4. The interest is received by Friday, 25 October 2019 included
The festival continues to own the footage of the performance, only signing over the rights necessary to live-stream and then archive the performance for a limited time window.
If you have good-quality pre-recorded material or would like to consider participating with a live stream, then please let us know at email@example.com.
NBFP's Conference ticket sales collaboration partner Musikka in cooperation with production company Mohave will make a Documentary about NBFP and a selecton of festivals that it reaches out to. For this, Mohave will be present at the Liepāja Conference, to conduct and film interviews and collect other video material. Relatedly, Mohave will be briefed about all the Grantee-festivals, so that they could fix concrete meeting & shooting times in Liepāja well in advance. The resulting Documentary will be a nice additional way for the Grantee-festivals to promote themselves. Further, if interested, the Grantee-festivals could also get access to the non-used video material, based on a separate agreement with Musikka (owner of all filmed material).